Sample Dispute Letter For the Credit Bureaus - Equifax, Transunion and Experian

Writing a letter to the credit bureaus is the first and most important step to repairing your credit. When writing to the credit bureaus you will have to write a letter to each bureau per negative and/or incorrect item.

An example of a situation in which you would have to write a credit repair letter to the credit bureau(s) is if you are analyzing your credit report and you see accounts that are closed, negative, and more than seven years old. According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, accounts that are older than seven years must be deleted from your account.

\"fair Credit\"

Remember when you write a letter to the credit bureau you want it to be yours. Copy and pasting a letter from another website is not recommended! A sample of a good credit repair letter looks like this:

Sample Dispute Letter For the Credit Bureaus - Equifax, Transunion and Experian

Equifax Consumer Services

To Whom it may Concern,

Good Afternoon my Name is First Last. My address is 9999 Address street, City, State. My SSN 999-99-9999 and my birth date is January 01, 1900.

I have critically analyzed a copy of my credit report and I noticed that there are two accounts on my report have been closed for seven years. As you and I both know the Fair Credit Reporting Act states that accounts more than seven years old are to be deleted from my credit report.

Listed below are the details of the accounts that I mentioned above:

Bank of America MasterCard:
Account Number: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-1745

HSBC VISA
Account Number XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-5690

In order to expedite this process I included a copy of my driver's license and social security card in case you all need proof of identity. I would also appreciate it if you would send me a copy of my updated credit report once the correction as been made.

Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
First Last

When sending your letter to the credit bureaus you want to include a copy of your driver's license with your letter. Please do not forget to send your letter registered mail. By doing this you allow your letter to be tracked. That way you have proof when it was received by the credit bureaus.

Sample Dispute Letter For the Credit Bureaus - Equifax, Transunion and Experian

Visit self credit repair to learn how to raise your credit score by 50 or more points to get approved for cars, and home loans on credit!